Friday, August 13, 2010

Stone Fruit Sangria

I have been munching on local peaches and nectarines constantly for a month now. Sometimes I have two or three a day. They have been major juice bombs, and basically, I have been making a huge mess eating them. My neighbor and I have a tradition of making Sangria on our movie night. Typically, I would use oranges, grapefruit, lemon, and lime, because I love citrus fruits so much. With my latest obsession with these local nectarines and peaches though, I decided to make my sangria with them. I also added some fresh cherries that I had in the fridge....and where as they are not local, I am enjoying them while they are in season. I used white wine, but you can certainly use a red. I would personally use a Pinot Noir.

What You Will Need:
1 bottle of a lighter white wine (I typically use a slightly sweeter Riesling or Pinot Grigio)
1 nectarine, pitted and sliced 1/4" thick
1 peach, pitted and sliced 1/4" thick
10 cherries, pitted and halved
1/3c brandy (I used Korbel)
1/3c orange juice

Place your fruit in your pitcher that you will be serving from. Add the brandy and orange juice and marinate for 30 mins. When you are ready to serve, pour your wine into the pitcher. I serve mine in a wine glass with ice.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! The recipe is already written down for me :) It was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete